Definition of Precious metals:
Gold, iridium, osmium, palladium, platinum, rhodium, ruthenium, silver, and their alloys, in forms such as bars, foils, leaves, powder, sheets, solutions, and wire. As investment instruments, precious metals (as physical metals or as futures or options contracts) are considered a protection (hedge) against inflation.
Gold, silver, and platinum.
Investors can invest in precious metals by purchasing the physical asset, purchasing futures contracts for the particular metal or through the purchase of shares in publicly traded companies engaged in the exploration or production of precious metals. Mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) also offer a variety of strategies, including funds backed by bullion, portfolios of mining companies and leveraged exposure.
Precious metals is a term for the classification of metals that are considered to be rare and/or have a high economic value. The higher relative values of these metals are driven by various factors including their rarity, uses in industrial processes and as investment vehicles. The most popular precious metals with investors are gold, platinum and silver, and precious metals used in industrial processes include iridium, which is used in specialty alloys, and palladium, which is used in electronics and chemical applications.
Synonyms of Precious metals
Riches, Valuables, Jewels, Gems, Gold, Silver, Precious metals, Money, Cash
How to use Precious metals in a sentence?
- Prominent among them has been a sharp rise in the price of gold and in other precious metals such as platinum.
- Precious metals include valuable commodity materials including gold, silver, and platinum.
- Traders and investors can buy metals through several mechanisms including owning physical bullion or coin, derivatives markets, or metals ETFs.
- Modern investors seek an allocation to precious metals as a portfolio diversifier and hedge against inflation.
- Gold and silver have long been recognized as valuable metals, and have been coveted since ancient times.
Meaning of Precious metals & Precious metals Definition