Definition of Post office:
The public department or corporation responsible for mail services and (in some countries) telecommunications; the postal service.
A facility in charge of sorting, processing, and delivering mail to recipients. Post offices are usually regulated and funded by the federal government. Post offices also provide other services including passport applications, P.O. Box distribution, and other delivery services. Each post office is assigned a specific jurisdiction and is responsible for the delivery and receipt of mail for individuals or businesses within the jurisdiction.
A game, played especially by children, in which imaginary letters are delivered in exchange for kisses.
Synonyms of Post office
Letters, Packages, Parcels, Correspondence, Communications, Airmail
How to use Post office in a sentence?
- Michelle needs to mail a package to a customer, so she places it in a box and drives to the post office .
- We needed to send in our tax forms by April 15th, so we mailed it at the post office this afternoon.
- So how do you play Post Office? What are the rules?.
- The strike is set to halt postal delivery and post office counter service in the London area.
- After hours of writing Christmas cards and letters, Lisa was ready to deliver them to the post office for their timely delivery to her loved ones.
Meaning of Post office & Post office Definition