Planning

Planning,

Definition of Planning:

1. The control of development by a local authority, through regulation and licensing for land use changes and building.

2. The process of making plans for something.

3. A basic management function involving formulation of one or more detailed plans to achieve optimum balance of needs or demands with the available resources. The planning process (1) identifies the goals or objectives to be achieved, (2) formulates strategies to achieve them, (3) arranges or creates the means required, and (4) implements, directs, and monitors all steps in their proper sequence.

Synonyms of Planning

Adjustment, Approach, Arrangement, Attack, Basic training, Blueprint, Blueprinting, Briefing, Calculation, Charting, Clearing the decks, Codification, Conception, Contrivance, Coordination, Design, Device, Disposition, Enterprise, Envisagement, Equipment, Familiarization, Figuring, Fixing, Foresight, Forethought, Foundation, Frame-up, Game, Graphing, Ground plan, Groundwork, Guidelines, Harmonization, Idea, Intention, Layout, Lineup, Long-range plan, Makeready, Making ready, Manufacture, Mapping, Master plan, Method, Methodization, Methodology, Mobilization, Normalization, Operations research, Ordination, Organization, Packed deal, Packed jury, Plan, Planning function, Plotting, Prearrangement, Preconcertedness, Preliminaries, Preliminary, Preliminary act, Preliminary step, Premeditation, Preordering, Prep, Preparation, Preparatory study, Preparing, Prepping, Prerequisite, Pretreatment, Procedure, Processing, Program, Program of action, Propaedeutic, Provision, Put-up job, Rationalization, Readying, Regularization, Regulation, Rigged jury, Routinization, Schedule, Schema, Schematism, Schematization, Scheme, Scheme of arrangement, Scheming, Setup, Spadework, Stacked deck, Strategic plan, Strategy, System, Systematization, Tactical plan, Tactics, The big picture, The picture, Training, Treatment, Trial, Tryout, Warm-up, Way, Working plan, Preparation, Preparations, Organization, Arrangement, Forethought, Design, Designing, Drafting, Working out, Setting up, Groundwork

How to use Planning in a sentence?

1. Mass production methods call for detailed planning.
  2. We started planning for our 2016 family reunion beach trip now so we have a year to find a condo or house to rent and dates to book so we can go ahead and save up for it.
  3. It is important to do a lot of planning before you undertake a new venture so you know what to expect,.
  4. I wanted to know what my friends were planning to do when I arrived home for my birthday and it made me excited.

Meaning of Planning & Planning Definition