Peugeot 307 Radiator Fan Switch Location

Where is the coolant fan switch

Find the coolant fan switch near the thermostat housing on the left side of the engine behind the manifold. The shift cable colors should be green and black. Disconnect the connecting cable from the fan switch. Allow the engine to reach a coolant temperature of 9195 ° C (196203 ° F).

So what are the symptoms of a broken fan switch?

Several symptoms can indicate a bad or failing cooling fan.

• Overheating of the motor. Motors generate huge amounts of heat and are therefore exposed to very large temperature fluctuations if this switch is not working efficiently.
  • Check that the engine light comes on.
  • Broken or shorter signal cable.

Why does the fan still work?

The cooling fan turns on when the car reaches a certain temperature. The trigger is the thermostat in the vehicle’s radiator. This will send the signal to the ventilator. This now means that if you feel that the fan starts too fast, the car can overheat too quickly.

Is it the coolant temperature sensor that controls the fan?

The sensor works by measuring the temperature emitted by the thermostat and / or the coolant itself. The temperature is then sent to the integrated control system. As the control system receives the temperature from the CTS, the cooling fan may turn off or on.

Does the cooling fan have to work with the air conditioning on?

Both cooling fans should always run when the AC compressor is connected. Both radiator fans should always run when the coolant temperature sensor in the lower radiator reservoir reaches approximately 212 * F.

How do I know if my coolant temperature sensor is faulty?

Signs of a faulty engine coolant temperature sensor

How long can a fan run continuously?

Turning on the fan tells him it works 24/7, regardless of the heating or cooling setting.

How much does a fan relay cost?

If the fan relay stops working, the coolant can get too hot and overheat the car. Spend an average of 80 to 160 to replace the radiator fan relay, depending on the type of car and the mechanic’s fee. The job should cost around 70 while parts should cost between 10 and $ 50.

What is a coolant temperature sensor for?

The coolant temperature sensor, also known as the coolant temperature switch, is a sensor in the engine control unit that monitors the engine coolant temperature. Most coolant temperature sensors use an electrical resistance to measure the coolant temperature.

At what temperature should my electric fan switch on?

How do you know if your car’s thermostat is working?

Start the car engine and let it idle. Check the radiator fill hole to see if the coolant is flowing. At this point, it shouldn’t drop as your car has not yet reached operating temperature to open the thermostat. If you notice that the coolant is flowing, it means that the thermostat valve is open.

How can I test my electric cooling fan?

How to check a radiator fan

How to replace a radiator fan switch

Here is a step by step guide to help you complete the process with ease.

How do I test the thermostat switch?

Put the thermometer in the pot so you can read it when the temperature rises. Connect one ohmmeter probe to one of the thermostat ports and the other probe to the other thermostat port. Turn on the stove and slowly increase the water temperature.

Can you drive with the wrong coolant sensor?

Does the car thermostat control the fan?

Fan Like the thermostat, the radiator fan must be controlled so that the engine can maintain a constant temperature. The fans are controlled by a thermostat switch or engine computer and turn on when the coolant temperature exceeds a set point.

Can a faulty thermostat prevent the cooling fan from functioning?

With the thermostat open (which allows the coolant to drain) the engine can run cooler than usual, so the fan obviously won’t turn on. affects the reading or operation of the fan.

Can you drive a car without a radiator fan?