Definition of Petrochemical:
A chemical obtained from petroleum and natural gas.
Relating to or denoting substances obtained by the refining and processing of petroleum or natural gas.
Chemical obtained either directly from cracking (pyrolysis), or indirectly from chemical processing, of petroleum Oil or natural gas. Major petrochemicals are acetylene, benzene, ethane, ethylene, methane, propane, and hydrogen, from which hundreds of other chemicals are derived. These derivatives are used as elastomers, fibers, plasticizers, and solvents, and as feedstock for production of thousands of other products.
How to use Petrochemical in a sentence?
- A huge petrochemical works producing plastics.
- The petrochemical was analyzed by a geologist who fully understood the value of this to our overall business plan for the future.
- You need to make sure that if you are dealing with a petrochemical you know how to handle it in the right way.
- A chemical engineer may specialize in pharmaceutical chemistry, petrochemicals, food additives, ceramics, environmental clean - up, safety engineering, or nuclear chemistry.
- The company has decided to versify its revenue stream by also marketing and selling the petrochemical s obtained from the natural gas processing plant.
Meaning of Petrochemical & Petrochemical Definition