Definition of Person:
A category used in the classification of pronouns, possessive determiners, and verb forms, according to whether they indicate the speaker (first person), the addressee (second person), or a third party (third person).
Each of the three modes of being of God, namely the Father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit, who together constitute the Trinity.
A human being regarded as an individual.
An individual, agency, association, branch, corporation, estate, group, partnership, or other entity or organization having legal rights and responsibilities separate from those of other entities and/or of its owners or members. See also juridical person.
Synonyms of Person
Adamite, Actor, Actually, An existence, Anatomy, Antagonist, Antihero, Article, Being, Bit, Bit part, Bodily, Body, Body-build, Bones, Build, Carcass, Cast, Cat, Chap, Character, Child, Clay, Clod, Cookie, Coot, Corpus, Creature, Critter, Cue, Customer, Duck, Earthling, Entelechy, Entity, Fat part, Feeder, Fellow, Figure, First person, Flesh, Form, Fourth person, Frame, Galoot, Groundling, Guy, Hand, Head, Heavy, Hero, Heroine, Homo, Hulk, Human, Human being, In person, In the flesh, Individual, Ingenue, Integer, Item, Joker, Lead, Lead role, Leading lady, Leading man, Leading woman, Life, Lines, Living soul, Man, Material body, Module, Monad, Mortal, Nose, Object, Obviative, One, Organism, Part, Party, Persona, Personage, Personality, Personally, Physical body, Physique, Piece, Point, Protagonist, Proximate, Role, Second person, Shape, Side, Single, Singleton, Soma, Somebody, Someone, Something, Soubrette, Soul, Specimen, Stick, Straight part, Supporting character, Supporting role, Tellurian, Terran, Themselves, Thing, Third person, Title role, Torso, Trunk, Unit, Villain, Walk-on, Walking part, Woman, Worldling, Human being, Individual, Man, Woman, Human, Being, Living soul, Soul, Mortal, Creature, Fellow
How to use Person in a sentence?
- The porter was the last person to see her.
- When civilians addressed a soldier, they did so in the second person singular, as to a child or pet.
- The same idea must be carried further and applied not only to the Logos himself, but to the other persons of the holy Trinity.
- I didnt know if the company found the right person for the job because he spent a lot of time chatting with the women on his team and not working.
- Due to amazing developments in technology and science, soon there will likely be debates and discussions on whether forms of artificial intelligence can count as a person.
- The debate over abortion centers on the question of whether the fetus is a person with its own right to life.
Meaning of Person & Person Definition