Definition of Peril:
Expose to danger; threaten.
Serious and immediate danger.
Probable cause (such as an earthquake, fire, theft) that exposes a person or property to the risk of damage, injury, or loss, and against which an insurance cover (policy) is purchased.
Synonyms of Peril
Danger, Jeopardy, Risk, Riskiness, Hazard, Insecurity, Uncertainty, Menace, Threat, Perilousness, Threaten, Endanger, Imperil, Menace, Risk, Put at risk, Expose to risk, Put in danger, Expose to danger, Put in jeopardy, Put on the line, Breakers ahead, Cardhouse, Cause for alarm, Compromise, Crisis, Danger, Dangerous ground, Desultoriness, Emergency, Encounter danger, Endanger, Endangerment, Expose, Exposure, Gamble, Gamble with, Gaping chasm, Gathering clouds, Hazard, House of cards, Imperil, Imperilment, Incur danger, Infirmity, Insecurity, Insolidity, Instability, Insubstantiality, Jeopard, Jeopardize, Jeopardy, Lay open, Liability, Menace, Openness, Pass, Perilousness, Pinch, Plight, Precariousness, Predicament, Put in danger, Put in jeopardy, Quicksand, Risk, Riskiness, Rocks ahead, Shakiness, Shiftiness, Shiftingness, Slipperiness, Speculativeness, Storm clouds, Strait, Subjection, Susceptibility, Thin ice, Threat, Ticklishness, Treacherousness, Treachery, Unauthenticity, Unauthoritativeness, Uncertainty, Undependability, Unfaithworthiness, Unreliability, Unsolidity, Unsoundness, Unsteadfastness, Unsteadiness, Unsubstantiality, Unsureness, Untrustworthiness, Vulnerability
How to use Peril in a sentence?
- We could not go back into the cave because it would put us in great peril and could end our lives.
- You should always try and do things the right way but if things go wrong you cant just wallow in peril you must persevere.
- Jonathon periled his life for love of David.
- A setback to the state could present a peril to the regime.
- You need to make sure that your company is always ready for a disaster so that you are not left in peril when one strikes.
Meaning of Peril & Peril Definition