Definition of Percent:
Fraction of 100 denoted as 1/100th. The symbol % is used to denote percent and usually follows a number, for example 50% (literally meaning 50/100). See also percentage.
By a specified amount in or for every hundred.
One part in every hundred.
How to use Percent in a sentence?
- A reduction of half a percent or so in price.
- When deciding what to budget and where you should break things down to a percent to make it easier for you.
- One hundred percent of my friends like me for who I am; although significantly less than that agree with me on political issues.
- New car sales may be down nineteen percent.
- In todays analytical business world everything can be broken down to a percent to tell you if it is worthwhile or not.
Meaning of Percent & Percent Definition