Definition of Pension:
Mainland European term for hotel room and meals (lodging and board). See also en pension rate.
Periodical or lump sum income received as a retirement benefit.
A regular payment made during a persons retirement from an investment fund to which that person or their employer has contributed during their working life.
Dismiss someone from employment, typically because of age or ill health, and pay them a pension.
Synonyms of Pension
Aid, Alimony, Allotment, Allowance, Annuity, Assistance, Benefit, Boardinghouse, Bounty, Depletion allowance, Dismiss, Dole, Dorm, Dormitory, Doss house, Fellowship, Financial assistance, Fleabag, Flophouse, Grant, Grant-in-aid, Guaranteed annual income, Guest house, Help, Hospice, Hostel, Hostelry, Hotel, Inn, Lodging house, Old-age insurance, Ordinary, Pecuniary aid, Pension off, Posada, Price support, Pub, Public, Public assistance, Public house, Public welfare, Relief, Retirement benefits, Roadhouse, Rooming house, Scholarship, Shelve, Social security, Stipend, Subsidization, Subsidy, Subsistence, Subvention, Superannuate, Superannuation, Support, Tavern, Tax benefit, Welfare, Welfare aid, Welfare payments
How to use Pension in a sentence?
- My grandma was living off my grandpas pension and would receive money from the fire department, which made all of us mad cause she didnt deserve it.
- Regular contributions to a pension scheme were, we were told, a guarantee of a secure old age.
- He was pensioned off from the army at the end of the war.
- The gentleman earned his pension by working hard for 30 years so he was relaxing at this point in his life.
- Knowing that you have a pension waiting for you will keep your mind at ease when planning for your retirement.
Meaning of Pension & Pension Definition