Definition of Payment:
The action or process of paying someone or something or of being paid.
An amount paid or payable.
Compensation, discharge or performance of an obligation, or reimbursement, by giving over something that is of satisfactory value to its recipient, such as money.
An amount that is paid or payable.
Synonyms of Payment
Instalment, Premium, Amount, Remittance, Remittance, Remission, Settlement, Discharge, Clearance, Liquidation, Reckoning, Bait, Base pay, Bribe, Budgeting, Carrot, Castigation, Charge, Chastening, Chastisement, Compensation, Condign punishment, Contribution, Correction, Costing, Costing-out, Debit, Debiting, Deficit spending, Deserts, Disbursal, Disbursement, Disciplinary measures, Discipline, Dismissal wage, Distribution, Earnings, Encouragement, Escalator clause, Escalator plan, Expenditure, Expense, Fee, Ferule, Fillip, Financial remuneration, Gross income, Guaranteed annual wage, Hire, Incentive, Incitement, Income, Inducement, Infliction, Interest, Invitation, Judgment, Judicial punishment, Living wage, Lure, Minimum wage, Nemesis, Net income, Outlay, Pains, Pains and punishments, Pay, Pay and allowances, Payroll, Penal retribution, Penalty, Penology, Percentage, Persuasive, Portal-to-portal pay, Profit, Provocation, Punishment, Punition, Purchasing power, Real wages, Remuneration, Retribution, Retributive justice, Reward, Salary, Scheduling, Scourge, Severance pay, Sliding scale, Spending, Stimulation, Stimulative, Stimulus, Sweetener, Sweetening, Take-home, Take-home pay, Taxable income, Total compensation, Wage, Wage control, Wage freeze, Wage reduction, Wage rollback, Wage scale, Wages, Wages after deductions, Wages after taxes, Well-deserved punishment, What-for, Whet
How to use Payment in a sentence?
- Most businesses expect payment upfront for services to ensure they do not provide products or services for free and also to ensure that the customer can provide payment in the correct form.
- Ask for a discount for payment by cash.
- There are many different ways to make payment and depending on how much it is you will have to figure out which to choose.
- An interim compensation payment of $2500.
- I did not receive my payment and it made me really mad because I needed that payment in order to pay my rent for the month.
Meaning of Payment & Payment Definition