Definition of Par:
Inventory control: Fixed quantity of an item that must be kept on hand to support daily operations.
Play (a hole) in par.
The face value of a stock or other security, as distinct from its market value.
Securities: The nominal or face value printed on the security. Latin for, equal. See also par value.
The number of strokes a first-class player should normally require for a particular hole or course.
Synonyms of Par
Alike, Asking price, At par, Au pair, Average, Balance, Bearish prices, Bid price, Book value, Bullish prices, Call price, Center, Closing price, Coequality, Coextension, Commensurate, Correspondence, Decline, Drawn, Equal, Equality, Equalized, Equation, Equilibrium, Equipoise, Equipollence, Equiponderance, Equity, Equivalence, Equivalency, Even, Even stephen, Evenness, Face value, Fifty-fifty, Fixed price, Flash price, Flurry, Flutter, Generality, Golden mean, Half-and-half, Happy medium, High, Identity, Issue par, Issue price, Juste-milieu, Justice, Knotted, Level, Levelness, Like, Likeness, Low, Market price, Market value, Mean, Median, Mediocrity, Medium, Middle, Middle course, Middle ground, Middle point, Middle position, Middle state, Middle-of-the-road, Midpoint, Nip and tuck, Nominal value, Norm, Normal, Offering price, On a footing, On a level, On a par, On even ground, Opening price, Par value, Parallelism, Parity, Poise, Price, Proportion, Proportionate, Put price, Quits, Quotation, Quoted price, Rally, Rule, Run, Sameness, Settling price, Square, Stalemated, Standard, Stated value, Swings, Symmetry, Tied, Via media
How to use Par in a sentence?
- He calmly parred the 17th.
- He had advanced from his overnight position of three under par.
- Some times a business venture will fail and you must hope to be as close to par as possible to not lose to much.
- If your business is having a slow week you still have to hope to shoot for par so that no damage is done.
- The 9 percent unsecured loan stock is redeemable at par.
- I got a savings bond from my par ents when I was younger, but the current value of the bond today isnt worth much more than the par value which they bought it at.
Meaning of Par & Par Definition