P1298 Honda Civic

P1298 Honda Civic

I have a 2001 Civic, the ENE light is on and the code p1298 burns out during the evaluation. 3

My Powerlight turned on 3 days ago and I immediately went to the auto zone to run the diagnostic trouble code. The only code that appears after reading the high input of the Electrical Charge Detector Circuit (ELD) is P1298.

what is the meaning of this? What needs to be fixed? Is it bad to drive with him and I still have a lot of time? How much does it cost to repair? I really need your help, thank you all!

Your problem is wide. The problem is with the electronic load detector in the box and in the relay. Previously, the entire electronics box and relay box had to be replaced. Due to the high cost of repairs and numerous defects, we issue separate spare parts. NES dealers have a service bulletin for individual portion replacement. So if you buy parts from it (these are just dealer parts), ask for a hard copy of the W Service Bulletin to install them. Anyone who can read English can type it following the instructions. The cost of making it yourself is the cost of the parts. The total amount payable to the third party must be less than $ 100.

The ELD reduces the power of the alternator when you do not need it, for example when driving at a speed of 80 kilometers per hour on the highway. This is done to relieve some of the electrical load and increase energy savings. Apart from the lights on the dashboard, you will not see any difficulty in operation.

To be sure, I advise you to stop and buy auto zone parts to see if they can check the performance of your replacement. They usually do it for free. If not, stop by the SP and ask for a look. Most mechanics will do this for free. I'm sure the alternator works fine when the battery light is off, but I recommend checking it out if you need more security. As long as the alternator output is within acceptable limits, you can drive with the lights on whenever you want without having to adjust the ELD.

For example, who helps?

P1298 calendar year 2001

P1298 Honda Civic

P1298 Honda Civic

This page can help you.

D:

I have a 2001 Civic, the ENE light is on and the code p1298 burns out during the evaluation.

My Powerlight turned on 3 days ago and I immediately went to the auto zone to run the diagnostic trouble code. The only code that appears is P1298 and reads the high input of the Electrical Charge Detector Circuit (ELD).

what is the meaning of this? What needs to be fixed? Driving with it is bad and ...

Same code on my Civic 2002 nes, code P1298. I changed the ELD and John's light stays on. I had a problem for a few weeks and I checked the fuel cap, replaced the upstream O2 sensor and now the ELD. Even today there is light. I checked the tension on the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and everything is fine, so I cleaned it without removing the throttle body, but I think the thing that really improved was to replace the air filter. None of the solutions I have read mention it.

Service Bulletin 0506 has been added to Jang Post.

Secured in DTC P1298 ECM / PCM.

(Sods 0506 February 25, 2005 to change the CRV model year range)

SYMPTOM

DTC P1298 (High Voltage Electrical Load Detector Circuit (ELD)) is stored in ECM / PCM.

Possible reason

Electronic charge detector (ELD) has faulty soldering iron.

Correct action

Replace ELD. Note: Previously, if the ELD needed to be replaced, you had to replace the relay box / sub-assembly. ELD alternatives are now available to reduce repair costs.

Section information

Electronic charge detector: P / N 38255S5A003, H / C 7987571

Repair procedure

1. Make sure you have an anti-theft code for your car radio. Record customer audio.

Priority

2. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.

3. Remove the relay box / relay box cover.

4. Loosen all three clips and remove the relay / undd box from the guide.

5. Remove the base cover from the relay box.

6. Disconnect the 3P ELD connector.

7. Delete the two session maker four and delete the session.

8. Release the tab with the ELD and pull out the ELD.

9. Remove the ELD bus and insert the bus into the new ELD.

10. Install the new ELD and bus in the If / relay box.

11. Reinstall both sessions.

12. Replace 3P ELD connector and relay base cover / set.

13. Replace the relay / relay box in the socket.

14. Replace the relay cover / SE box.

15. Reconnect the negative battery cable.

16. Make the learning process useless:

Make sure all electrical appliances (AC, car radio,

Defroster, lighting etc.) are off.

Turn on John and let him return to normal operating temperature (cooling fan cycle)

twice).

Turn off the engine (cut off gas and all electrical appliances) for 10 minutes.

17. Enter the anti-theft code of the radio and set the clock. Insert audio preset.

Hi, I have Acura EL 1.7 2001 and I am trying to find this ELD unit which I have searched in many places and everyone says that it can be found under OD on the box. Unfortunately, I do not have it there. Do you know where I can find it? I just need the cable below to disable or replace this device.

Thank you very much!

It turns out that the harness wires were ground under the inlet and blew up my 7.5a alternator. There are two plugs, they look like plugs, but they don't; In fact, they are the connection of many ground wires and electrical wires. They are on the hook, and when the plug loosens, the hook will cut them off and ground them. Check to see if the problem persists after replacing the SE. If you have more problems with it, just ask.

SDA Dude did it !!!!!!!! Just follow what you wrote to change the ELD and your problem will be solved! By the way

P1298 Honda Civic