Definition of Overreaching:
Legal process by which interest in an asset is converted into a corresponding interest in another asset. For example, interest in a real property converted into interest in the amount realized from its sale.
Reach out too far.
An injury to a forefoot of a horse resulting from its having overreached.
Get the better of by cunning; outwit.
How to use Overreaching in a sentence?
- Faustuss lunacy in thinking he can overreach the devil.
- The large asset was and overreaching asset because its value was needed to be spread over several liabilities as well.
- You need to make sure that you are not overreaching when you are trying to acquire something new for your company.
- He was overreaching and would not be able to grab onto the thing which he so desperately needed to grab on to.
- Never lean sideways from a ladder or overreach.
Meaning of Overreaching & Overreaching Definition