Orthographic projection

Orthographic projection,

Definition of Orthographic projection:

1. A method of projection in which an object is depicted or a surface mapped using parallel lines to project its shape onto a plane.

2. Two-dimensional isometric or oblique views of a three-dimensional object on a drawing surface at right angles to the views and the lines of sight (projection). In these views the lines of the object parallel to the drawing surface are of true length and thus can be drawn to scale. Elevations, floor plans, and sections of a building are orthographic projections.

How to use Orthographic projection in a sentence?

1. You should do your best to come up with a orthographic projection before you are going to put any new product out.
  2. I was taught what an orthographic projection was by my uncle and he explained to me how it worked and what it was used for.
  3. These techniques were generalised into a system called géométrie descriptive, which is now known as orthographic projection, the graphical method used in modern mechanical drawing.
  4. When you are trying to see what a real world application for a new product may be like you can try an orthographic projection .

Meaning of Orthographic projection & Orthographic projection Definition