Definition of Operations:
A process in which a number, quantity, expression, etc., is altered or manipulated according to set formal rules, such as those of addition, multiplication, and differentiation.
An act of surgery performed on a patient.
An organized activity involving a number of people.
Jobs or tasks consisting of one or more elements or subtasks, performed typically in one location.
Operations transform resource or data inputs into desired goods, services, or results, and create and deliver value to the customers. Two or more connected operations constitute a process, and are generally divided into four basic categories: (1) processing, (2) inspection, (3) transport, and (4) storage.
The action of functioning or the fact of being active or in effect.
Synonyms of Operations
Functioning, Working, Running, Performance, Action, Behaviour, Surgery, Surgical operation, Surgical intervention, Major surgery, Minor surgery, Action, Activity, Exercise, Affair, Business, Undertaking, Step, Enterprise, Task, Job, Process, Procedure, Manoeuvre, Campaign
How to use Operations in a sentence?
- John failed to properly perform the operations required of him, causing a series of problems for his coworkers and boss.
- Before I could play baseball again,I needed two operations that would heal me and make me fit to play the game again.
- A rescue operation.
- Problems can be created to cover all math operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division!.
- Susan had to prepare a detailed report for management about the way things work, but detailing every aspect of the companys operations was a gargantuan task.
- Ive never felt better since my bypass operation.
- Restrictions on the operation of market forces.
Meaning of Operations & Operations Definition