Definition of Operating revenue:
Operating revenue is the revenue that a company generates from its primary business activities. .
Net sales revenue and other amounts derived from the primary business operations of a company.
For example, a retailer produces its operating revenue through merchandise sales; a physician derives their operating revenue from the medical services that they provide. What constitutes operating revenue varies based on the business or the industry. .
How to use Operating revenue in a sentence?
- Operating revenue is generated by a company's primary business activities.
- After deducting the cost of running the assembly line and the worker pay, Mr. Jones was able to get a clear picture of exactly what the operating revenue of the Kentucky plant was and whether they had enough capital to expand into Oklahoma.
- Our operating revenue was very high and I was happy with how we were doing as a brand new business.
- Operating revenue should be separated out from non-operating revenue that occurs from infrequent, unusual, or one-time events.
- Operating revenue can be compared year-over0year to assess the health of a company and its operations.
- Once all of the expenses were factored out the business came up with their operating revenue . They decided their net revenues were performing well.
Meaning of Operating revenue & Operating revenue Definition