What is The Definition of Opening Cross?
Open crossover is the method used by Nasdaq to determine the opening price of shares. This method collects data on the buying and selling interests of market participants in the security provided two minutes before the market opens. NASDAQ makes this information available to all investors.
- With the opening of this crossover, Nasdaq sets the starting price of shares sold on its stock exchange.
- This is done to show the change in stock sentiment between the previous day's closing price and the morning's opening price.
- The exchange is open from 9:30 a.m. Eastern time is 16:00, but events outside these hours may result in the stock opening more or less in the morning than on the first day.
- The opening cross, where buyers and sellers are auctioned, is used to set the opening price of each individual's shares.
- The aim is to avoid surprises and to provide the same information to all investors about the demand for a particular stock at the time of its opening.
Literal Meanings of Opening Cross
Meanings of Opening:
An opening or space, especially one that allows access.
The beginning, the first part.
Opportunity to get something.
Start with something that started.
Sentences of Opening
He saw a small crack
Maya started writing her story from the beginning.
Looks like you've used the best rendered options
He drew attention from his initial comments
Synonyms of Opening
groove, time, window, crack, outset, occasion, dawn, slit, chance, aperture, start, gap, orifice, cleft, moment, perforation, fissure, vent, birth, launch, slot
Meanings of Cross:
Markers, objects or images that consist of two short lines or intersecting parts (+ or ×)
A cross bar with a straight pole, used for crucifixion in ancient times.
Hybrid crossbreed animal or plant.
A pass from the ball on the playing field in the middle, close to the opponent's goal.
Walking or spreading through (roads, walkways, water bodies or areas)
At another intersection, go the other way or the other way.
Draw one or more lines along the cross on the marker.
(A person) makes the sign of the cross on his chest a symbol of reverence for Christians or prays for God's protection.
Pass the ball in the center while attacking across the court.
Reasons (one breed of animal, breed or variety) to breed with one of the other breeds, breeds or different species.
Opposing or blocking (someone)
Sentences of Cross
Cut a cross in the bark with a sharp knife
Let the wicked be raised on the cross of me, and let the one who loves him be raised in the hope of a holy and blessed resurrection.
Devon and Holstein crossings
Beckham's team lost to Coleman
Twice across the Atlantic
The two lines meet at 90
Synonyms of Cross
meet, displeased, go across, in a bad mood, out of humour, travel across, put out, check, hamper, mixture, wander over, tramp over, intertwine, rood, cross-breed, amalgam, resentful, interweave, obstruct, contradict, make one's way across