Officer

Officer,

Definition of Officer:

1. General: Person who holds an office of authority, command, or trust.

2. Corporate (UK): Person who acts in an official capacity on behalf of a firm, such as a company secretary, director, executive, manager, or other individual authorized to so act.

3. Corporate (USA): Person appointed by the board of directors of a firm, such as a president, CEO, vice president, etc., to manage the day-to-day business of the firm and to carry out the policies set down by the board.

Synonyms of Officer

ADC, CO, G-man, John Law, MP, OD, Administrator, Aide, Aide-de-camp, Apparatchik, Archon, Bailiff, Beadle, Beagle, Boatswain, Bound bailiff, Brigadier, Brigadier general, Bureaucrat, Captain, Catchpole, Chancellor, Chicken colonel, Chief engineer, Chief executive, Chief executive officer, Chief mate, Chief of police, Chief of staff, Civil servant, Colonel, Commandant, Commander, Commander in chief, Commanding officer, Commissioned officer, Commissioner, Company officer, Constable, Cop, Copper, Dean, Deck officer, Deputy, Deputy sheriff, Detective, Dick, Dignitary, Director, Exec, Executive, Executive director, Executive officer, Executive secretary, Fed, Federal, Field marshal, Field officer, First lieutenant, Five-star general, Flic, Four-star general, Functionary, Functionnaire, Fuzz, Gendarme, General, General officer, Generalissimo, Government man, Inspector, Jack-in-office, Jemadar, Junior officer, Lawman, Lictor, Lieutenant, Lieutenant colonel, Lieutenant general, Mace-bearer, Magistrate, Major, Major general, Management, Manager, Managing director, Mandarin, Marechal, Marshal, Master, Mate, Mounted policeman, Narc, Naval officer, Navigating officer, Navigator, Office-bearer, Officeholder, Official, Officiary, One-star general, Orderly officer, Patrolman, Patron, Peace officer, Petty tyrant, Pipes, Placeman, Police, Police captain, Police commissioner, Police constable, Police inspector, Police matron, Police officer, Police sergeant, Policeman, Policewoman, Portreeve, Prefect, President, Prexy, Provost, Public official, Public servant, Quartermaster, Red-tapist, Reeve, Risaldar, Roundsman, Sailing master, Second mate, Secretary, Senior officer, Sergeant, Sergeant at arms, Shavetail, Sheriff, Shipmaster, Sirdar, Skipper, Staff officer, Subahdar, Subaltern, Sublieutenant, Superintendent, Tec, The Old Man, The administration, The brass, Three-star general, Tipstaff, Tipstaves, Top brass, Treasurer, Trooper, Two-star general, Vice-chancellor, Vice-president, Warden, Watch officer

How to use Officer in a sentence?

1. The officer turned on his lights and enabled his siren on his police cruiser as he witnessed a man in the car in front of him swerving from left to right.
  2. On Monday the board of directors met to discuss the CEOs bonus and the salaries of the newly elected officer s.
  3. I told the officer that I did not see the thief and he still did not let me leave because he thought I was lying.

Meaning of Officer & Officer Definition