Null - Definitions of NullAdjective
1. having no legal or binding force : INVALID
2. amounting to nothing : NIL
3. having no value : INSIGNIFICANT
4. a: having no elements (see ELEMENT sense b(3)) null set
b: having zero as a limit null sequence
c: of a matrix : having all elements equal to zero
5. a: indicating usually by a zero reading on a scale when a given quantity (such as current or voltage) is zero or when two quantities are equal —used of an instrument
b: being or relating to a method of measurement in which an unknown quantity (as of electric current) is compared with a known quantity of the same kind and found equal by a null detector
6: of, being, or relating to zero
1. a. : a condition of a radio receiver when minimum or zero signal is received b: a minimum or zero value of an electric current or of a radio signal
: to make null
What Null means?Adjective
1. without value, effect, consequence, or significance.
2. being or amounting to nothing; nil; lacking; nonexistent.
3. Mathematics. (of a set)
b. of measure zero.
4. being or amounting to zero.
lacking any legal or binding force
Electronics. a point of minimum signal reception, as on a radio direction finder or other electronic meter.
a quantity of no importance
Verb (used with object)
to cancel; make null.
Null means having no value; in other words null is zero, like if you put so little sugar in your coffee that it’s practically null . Null also means invalid, or having no binding force.
What are idioms for Null?
null and void, without legal force or effect; not valid:
What is another word for Null?
worthless, inoperative, unreal, invalid, ineffective, void, negative, barren, bad, nothing, imaginary, absent, nonexistent, null and void, powerless, unavailing, useless, vain, inefficacious, characterless, aught, cipher, cypher, goose egg, nada, naught, nil, nix, nothing, zero, zilch, zip, zippo, void, invalid
What are the synonyms of Null?
bad, inoperative, invalid, nonbinding, nonvalid, nugatory, null and void, void
abate, abolish, abrogate, annul, avoid, cancel, disannul, dissolve, invalidate, negate, nullify, quash, repeal, rescind, roll back, strike down, vacate, void
What are the antonyms of Null?
binding, good, valid
What is the meaning of Null?
law : having no legal power
1. : having no legal force : not binding
2. without legal force; invalid; (esp in the phrase null and void)
3. without value or consequence; useless
4. lacking distinction; characterlessa null expression
5. nonexistent; amounting to nothing
- quantitatively zero
- relating to zero
- (of a set) having no members
- (of a sequence) having zero as a limit
7. physics involving measurement in which an instrument has a zero reading, as with a Wheatstone bridge
What is the scientific meaning of Null?
Of or relating to a set having no members or to zero magnitude.
How to pronounce Null?
[ nuhl ]
How to use Null in a sentence?
- the contract was null because one party forgot to sign it
- that information is as null as no information at all
- asked the state court to null the election results because of widespread voting irregularities
- Because all of the Rescued Film Project images are scanned to digital, the necessity of a darkroom is null.
- Journals aren’t interested in null results or “yup, we replicated that other study”; they want new studies with new findings.
- Double representation, and all else hitherto gained, were otherwise futile, null.
- Mr. Null, professionally and personally, was incapable of stepping beyond his own narrow limits, under any provocation whatever.
- For the outlaw of society, the code of honour is null and void.
- Mr. Null was inclined to resent the interference of a meddling woman, in the discharge of his duty.
- The messenger had just been despatched, when Mr. Null himself, in performance of yesterday’s engagement, called at the house.
- Hariri also would like to see more neuroscientists publish their null findings.
- But whether that means the clause is now null was not answered.
- Four Jefferson Parish residents, including a musician, a catering business owner and two bar owners, are asking Judge Janice Clark to declare the rules null and void and prohibit the Democratic governor from enforcing them.
- “We must guard them at all costs. The men and women of the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office will not be enforcing the mask mandate and will consider it null and void.”
- No investor would fund such risky research if the chances of recouping their outlays were null. 16. Locsin said those territorial districts in the disputed waters were “null and void” for being devoid of basis in international law.