Definition of Notes:
Record (something) in writing.
A brief record of points or ideas written down as an aid to memory.
Notice or pay particular attention to (something).
A single tone of definite pitch made by a musical instrument or the human voice.
A particular quality or tone that reflects or expresses a mood or attitude.
Explanatory notations, attached to a document (such as a financial statement) that disclose or record important information and are considered an integral part of the document. Also called footnotes. See also note.
A short informal letter or written message.
Synonyms of Notes
Record, Account, Entry, Item, Notation, Minute, Jotting, Inscription, Write down, Put down, Jot down, Take down, Set down, Mark down, Inscribe, Enter, Mark, Record, Register, Scribble, Scrawl, Pencil, Banknote, Message, Communication, Letter, Missive, Epistle, Line, Bear in mind, Be mindful of, Consider, Observe, Take into account, Take into consideration, Take note of, Listen to, Tone, Intonation, Inflection, Sound, Hint, Indication, Sign, Element, Streak, Strain, Vein, Suggestion, Suspicion
How to use Notes in a sentence?
- A ten-pound note.
- The secretary prepared her notes from the companys annual finance meeting to share with her boss after he returned from vacation.
- I left her a note explaining where I was going.
- The last notes of the symphony died away.
- Ill make a note in my diary.
- Dave kept copious notes on where the money in the accounts had come from, knowing the auditor would be particularly keen on reading them.
- There was a note of scorn in her voice.
- You should always try and take good notes if you are in an important meeting so you remember the most important things.
- He noted his mothers unusual gaiety.
- He noted down her address on a piece of paper.
Meaning of Notes & Notes Definition