Definition of Nonlinear:
Non-sequential or non-step by step.
Equation which, when plotted on a graph, does not trace a straight line but a curve.
Of or denoting digital editing whereby a sequence of edits is stored on computer as opposed to videotape, thus facilitating further editing.
Not denoting, involving, or arranged in a straight line.
Not linear, sequential, or straightforward; random.
Synonyms of Nonlinear
Unmethodical, Uncoordinated, Undirected, Disorganized, Unarranged, Unplanned, Unpremeditated, Indiscriminate
How to use Nonlinear in a sentence?
- I like stories that are told in a nonlinear fashion because it gives me more to think about and gives me less control.
- And you will need a three machine edit suite or a non-linear computer editing system to achieve this.
- Joyces stream-of-consciousness, nonlinear narrative.
- When you are dealing with a nonlinear equation you must figure out the hidden variables and try to change them.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was the first game in the Call of Duty series to a contain an open nonlinear story.
Meaning of Nonlinear & Nonlinear Definition