Definition of Negotiation:
Discussion aimed at reaching an agreement.
Trading: Process by which a negotiable instrument is transferred from one party (transferor) to another (transferee) by endorsement or delivery. The transferee takes the instrument in good faith, for value, and without notice of any defect in the title of the transferor, and obtains an indefeasible title.
A negotiation is a strategic discussion that resolves an issue in a way that both parties find acceptable. In a negotiation, each party tries to persuade the other to agree with his or her point of view. By negotiating, all involved parties try to avoid arguing but agree to reach some form of compromise.
Contracting: Use of any method to award a contract other than sealed bidding.
Banking: Accepting or trading a negotiable instrument.
Negotiations involve some give and take, which means one party will always come out on top of the negotiation. The other, though, must concede—even if that concession is nominal.
General: Bargaining (give and take) process between two or more parties (each with its own aims, needs, and viewpoints) seeking to discover a common ground and reach an agreement to settle a matter of mutual concern or resolve a conflict. Noun form of the verb negotiate.
Synonyms of Negotiation
Audience, Bargaining, Bargaining session, Business deal, Chaffer, Chaffering, Collective bargaining, Coming to terms, Commercial transaction, Conclave, Confab, Confabulation, Conference, Confrontation, Congress, Consultation, Convention, Council, Council fire, Council of war, Deal, Dickering, Discussion, Exchange of views, Eyeball-to-eyeball encounter, Haggle, Haggling, Higgling, High-level talk, Huddle, Interchange of views, Interview, Meeting, Negotiations, News conference, Operation, Package bargaining, Package deal, Palaver, Parley, Pattern bargaining, Pourparler, Powwow, Press conference, Seance, Session, Sitting, Summit, Summit conference, Summitry, Transaction, Turn, Discussion, Discussions, Talks, Consultation, Consultations, Parleying, Deliberation, Deliberations, Conference, Debate, Dialogue
How to use Negotiation in a sentence?
- It is not always important to win or be right because sometimes relationships are more important than the argument and a negotiation can save a relationship.
- Negotiations can take place between buyers and sellers, an employer and prospective employee, or governments of two or more countries.
- The player and team management were in negotiation on the players new contract which would include a lot of extra benefits.
- Negotiating is used to reduce debts, lower the sale price of a house, improve the conditions of a contract, or get a better deal on a car.
- Currently our businesses do not share the same interests to work with each other, but in the future we may be able to come to terms with each other through negotiation .
- When negotiating, be sure to justify your position, put yourself in the other party's shoes, keep your emotions in check, and know when to walk away.
- A worldwide ban is currently under negotiation.
- A negotiation is a strategic discussion that resolves an issue in a way that both parties find acceptable.
Meaning of Negotiation & Negotiation Definition