Definition of Mission statement:
These statements serve a dual purpose by helping employees remain focused on the tasks at hand, as well as encouraging them to find innovative ways of moving toward an increasingly productive achievement of company goals.
A written declaration of an organizations core purpose and focus that normally remains unchanged over time. Properly crafted mission statements (1) serve as filters to separate what is important from what is not, (2) clearly state which markets will be served and how, and (3) communicate a sense of intended direction to the entire organization.
A mission is different from a vision in that the former is the cause and the latter is the effect; a mission is something to be accomplished whereas a vision is something to be pursued for that accomplishment. Also called company mission, corporate mission, or corporate purpose.
A mission statement is used by a company to explain, in simple and concise terms, its purpose(s) for being. The statement is generally short, either a single sentence or a short paragraph.
A formal summary of the aims and values of a company, organization, or individual.
How to use Mission statement in a sentence?
- A mission statement is used by a company to explain, in simple and concise terms, its purpose(s) for being.
- The new mission statement proposed by the companys board of trustees stated that the company was devoted to public service, providing quality products, and integrity.
- Mission statements serve several purposes including motivating employees and reassuring investors of the company's future.
- The companys mission statement was to serve all its customers in an error free and timely manner and provide outstanding customer service at every contact point.
- The mission statement of the business was very clear and important to all employees and they will benefit from the direction of the company moving forward.
- A mission statement to which all employees can subscribe.
- The mission statement is usually one sentence or a short paragraph, explaining its culture, values, and ethics.
Meaning of Mission statement & Mission statement Definition