Mgi2

Mgi2

The correct name of MgI2? ۔

You need to specify the correct MgI2 name. I know it is magnesium iodide, what will happen to magnesium (II) iodide?

please explain. Thank you very much.

Use only Roman numerals when referring to elements that can have multiple counts. For example, copper can have a 1+ or 2+ charge, so I would say if it is Cu (I) or Cu (II), but Mg has only a 2+ charge. Needless to say, it is a magnesium (II) iodide because it automatically knows that the charge is 2+. as well as

Roman numerals are used only for transition elements and elements that can have more than one oxidation (charge) number. Most of the time, Roman numerals are placed on the item in the middle of the table IC. Magnesium always has a charge of 2+, so there is no need to use Roman numerals to express the charge, as we can only understand it by looking at the table IC. Therefore, magnesium is iodide and not magnesium (II) iodide.

Compound name Mgi2.

Roman numerals are used to denote compounds containing transfer metals, as most of them can carry more than one possible charge. The only transfer elements where you do not use Roman numerals are Ag1 +, Cd2 + and Zn2 +.

Roman numerals are not used in representative elements, except for Sn2 +, 4+ and Pb2 +, 4+.

I think it has something to do with isotopes.

Like iron, there are many isotopes like Fe2 + and Fe3 +, so you need II and III to represent it. Magnesium can only be used as Mg 2+. There is

This page can help you.

D:

The correct name of MgI2?

You need to find the correct name for MgI2. I know it is magnesium iodide, what will happen to magnesium (II) iodide?

please explain. Thank you very much.

Mgi2