Method

Method,

Definition of Method:

1. An established, habitual, logical, or prescribed practice or systematic process of achieving certain ends with accuracy and efficiency, usually in an ordered sequence of fixed steps. See also scientific method and procedure.

2. A particular form of procedure for accomplishing or approaching something, especially a systematic or established one.

Synonyms of Method

Procedure, Technique, System, Practice, Routine, Modus operandi, Method of working, Formula, Process, Means, Medium, Mechanism, MO, Ability, Action, Actions, Activity, Acts, Address, Affectation, Air, Algorithm, Anality, Apple-pie order, Approach, Arrangement, Art, Avenue, Behavior, Behavior pattern, Behavioral norm, Behavioral science, Blueprint, Blueprinting, Calculation, Capacity, Capital, Carriage, Charting, Comportment, Conception, Conduct, Contrivance, Course, Craft, Culture pattern, Custom, Demeanor, Deportment, Design, Device, Devices, Discipline, Disposable resources, Disposition, Doing, Doings, Enterprise, Envisagement, Fashion, Figuring, Fine fettle, Folkway, Foresight, Forethought, Form, Funds, Game, Gestures, Goings-on, Good condition, Good shape, Good trim, Graphing, Ground plan, Guidelines, Guise, Idea, Intention, Layout, Line, Line of action, Lines, Lineup, Long-range plan, Maintien, Manner, Manner of working, Manners, Mapping, Master plan, Means, Mechanics, Mechanism, Methodicalness, Methodology, Methods, Mien, Mode, Mode of operation, Mode of procedure, Modus, Modus operandi, Modus vivendi, Motions, Movements, Moves, Neatness, Observable behavior, Operations research, Order, Orderliness, Organization, Pattern, Plan, Planning, Planning function, Poise, Port, Pose, Posture, Power, Practice, Praxis, Prearrangement, Presence, Procedure, Proceeding, Process, Program, Program of action, Rationalization, Recourses, Regularity, Resorts, Resources, Road, Route, Routine, Schedule, Schema, Schematism, Schematization, Scheme, Scheme of arrangement, Science, Setup, Skill, Social science, Stock, Strategic plan, Strategy, Structure, Style, Supply, System, Systematicness, Systematization, Tack, Tactical plan, Tactics, Technic, Technical know-how, Technical knowledge, Technical skill, Technics, Technique, Technology, The big picture, The drill, The how, The picture, The way of, Tidiness, Tone, Trimness, Way, Way of life, Ways, Ways and means, Wherewith, Wherewithal, Wise, Working plan, Wrinkle

How to use Method in a sentence?

1. The recipe that I found in the cookbook had different ways to cook the potatoes, but I chose the bake method in the oven.
  2. As he faced the board at the conference, he quickly mulled over this options on how to pitch his presentation; he had a method on how to convince these people, so he just hoped it won them over.
  3. The method I chose was one that was the result of careful deliberation as I wanted to proceed in an exacting fashion.
  4. A method for software maintenance.

Meaning of Method & Method Definition