Definition of Merchandising:
Cycles of merchandising are specific to cultures and climates. These cycles may accommodate school schedules and incorporate regional and seasonal holidays as well as the predicted impact of weather.
The activity of promoting the sale of goods, especially by their presentation in retail outlets.
The activity of promoting the sale of goods at retail.
Merchandising activities may include display techniques, free samples, on-the-spot demonstration, pricing, shelf talkers, special offers, and other point-of-sale methods. According to American Marketing Association, merchandising encompasses planning involved in marketing the right merchandise or service at the right place, at the right time, in the right quantities, and at the right price…
Merchandising is the promotion of goods and/or services that are available for retail sale. Merchandising includes the determination of quantities, setting prices for goods and services, creating display designs, developing marketing strategies, and establishing discounts or coupons. More broadly, merchandising may refer to retail sales itself, that is the provision of goods to end-user consumers.
Synonyms of Merchandising
Agency, Barter, Bartering, Brokerage, Buying and selling, Consumer preference study, Consumer research, Consumer survey, Dealing, Direct-mail selling, Doing business, Exchange, Give-and-take, Hard sell, Hawking, High-pressure salesmanship, Horse trading, Huckstering, Interchange, Jobbing, Low-pressure salesmanship, Mail-order selling, Market, Market research, Marketing, Marketing research, Peddling, Promotion, Retail, Retailing, Sales, Sales campaign, Sales promotion, Salesmanship, Selling, Sellout, Soft sell, Swapping, Trade, Trading, Trafficking, Wheeling and dealing, Wholesale, Wholesaling
How to use Merchandising in a sentence?
- When you are trying to market your product you must be sure to use good merchandising techniques to draw in as many customers as you can.
- Merchandising, more narrowly, may refer to the marketing, promotion, and advertising of products intended for retail sale.
- Merchandising, broadly speaking, is synonymous with retail sales where businesses sell products to consumers.
- The plan that our team has put together for pricing and structure is the best approach for merchandising our new line of products.
- Technology is changing the face of merchandising, with electronic point-of-sale terminals to targeted and personalized mobile ads.
- Problems rooted in overexpansion and poor merchandising.
- If you have a good merchandising department you should be able to do a good job promoting your product to perspective customers.
Meaning of Merchandising & Merchandising Definition