Maytag Washer Drum Bearing Replacement

How do I change the tub cushion on a Maytag washing machine?

VIDEOHow do I remove the tub from a Maytag washing machine?

How do I remove the Maytag washing machine?

1. Unplug the Maytag washing machine from the electrical outlet.
  2. Press the tub lid and release the plastic clips around the tub lid.
  3. Rotate the agitator to find and access the screw that secures the agitator to the agitator shaft.
  4. Place a wrench on the nut at the bottom of the inner washer cup.

Why is my Maytag washing machine making noises when spinning? The first part to check if your washing machine makes a loud noise is the drive wheel. Pulleys use a belt that goes around the drive motor and pulley to rotate the bowl. If you find that your Maytag washer is making loud noises while spinning due to a faulty drive gear, it should be replaced.

So the question is, is it worth replacing the bearings on the washing machine?

It is possible to replace it, but it depends on the make and model. Some cheaper models and newer machines have sealed external drums, so it is not possible to replace the bearings - the entire drum must be replaced. As a new drum costs over £ 100 plus labor, buying a new machine can be cheaper.

Can the bearings of the washing machine be lubricated?

If a squeak is heard, the drum bearings have a problem and need to be replaced. If it sounds squeaky, simply use mechanical grease to lubricate the bearing. This noise can be caused by an unbalanced machine. Adjust the feet further until the washer is completely level.

How do I know if the washing machine bearings are gone?

If the washing machine makes noises after spinning, this could indicate that the drum is worn out. A quick wear check is to see if the inner drum moves up and down relative to the fixed outer drum. Only a small amount should be moved. If it moves more than a millimeter or two, the bearings are likely worn.

Can you still use the washing machine when the bearings are used up?

If you don't fix it, the noise will be louder and eventually damage the drum and shaft. If multiple bearings break or fall out, the washing machine stops working.

How does a washing machine sound when the bearings stop working?

If the drum rollers have entered a washing machine, they will make a deafening noise. Many people doubt that the noise from the washing machine is really a worn out drum roll or something else.

How long do the bearings last in the washing machine?

10 years

How much does a bearing change cost in a washing machine?

Washer Drum Bearing Replacement Costs Allow between $ 150 and $ 185 for drum housing replacement, including labor. Stocks last around 10 years. Call a garage near you if it makes any strange noises. Broken bearings can lead to further problems and costly repairs if not repaired.