Definition of Mass customization:
Production of personalized or custom-tailored goods or services to meet consumers diverse and changing needs at near massproduction prices. Enabled by technologies such as computerization, internet, product modularization, and lean production, it portends the ultimate stage in market segmentation where every customer can have exactly what he or she wants.
Mass customization is the process of delivering market goods and services that are modified to satisfy a specific customer's needs. Mass customization is a marketing and manufacturing technique that combines the flexibility and personalization of custom-made products with the low unit costs associated with mass production. Other names for mass customization include made-to-order or built-to-order.
Mass customization allows a customer to design certain made-to-order features of a product while still keeping costs closer to that of mass-produced products. In some cases, the components of the product are modular. This flexibility allows the client to mix-and-match options to create a semi-custom final product.
How to use Mass customization in a sentence?
- Various companies employ mass customization techniques, including retail companies, software creators, financial services companies, and modular home builders.
- Mass customization is a process that allows a customer to personalize certain features of a product while still keeping costs at or near mass production prices.
- Me and my business partner were practicing mass customization and would make everything for the consumer and their needs at the time.
- The four primary types of mass customization are collaborative customization, adaptive customization, transparent customization, and cosmetic customization.
- Some projects may need a mass customization so that you can give your customers free will to improve it themselves.
- Innovative manufacturing techniques help companies produce interchangeable parts that can be combined in a variety of ways to build a cost-effective product that satisfies a specific customer's needs.
- Companies that offer mass customization can give themselves a competitive advantage over other companies that only offer generic products.
- The mass customization of the product line is an example of the buyers market where specialization is the new standard.
Meaning of Mass customization & Mass customization Definition