Manual

Manual,

Definition of Manual:

1. An organ keyboard played with the hands.

2. A vehicle with manual transmission.

3. Relating to or done with the hands.

4. Controlled or manipulated by a human operator (not automatically, such as by a computer) or powered by human or animal muscle power (not by an inanimate source of power such as an electric motor, gas engine, or sail).

5. A book of instructions, especially for operating a machine or learning a subject; a handbook.

6. Comprehensive and step-by-step guide to a particular topic for both beginners and practitioners that also serves as a reference book. A manual details what is given and what is required, explains how to put the presented information into practice, and instructs how to solve problems as they occur. This term is commonly used interchangeably with handbook.

Synonyms of Manual

Sefer Torah, Torah, Torah scroll, Virginal, Abecedarium, Abecedary, Alphabet book, Battledore, Breviary, Canon, Casebook, Choir, Church book, Claviature, Compendium, Console, Cookbook, Cookery book, Directions, Echo, Eighty-eight, Enchiridion, Euchologion, Euchology, Exercise book, Farse, Field guide, Fingerboard, Formulary, Gradus, Grammar, Great, Guide, Guidebook, Handbook, Hornbook, How-to book, Instructions, Ivories, Keyboard, Keys, Lectionary, Litany, Machzor, Manual of instruction, Missal, Nature book, Ordinal, Organ manual, Pedals, Piano keys, Pontifical, Prayer book, Primer, Reader, Ritual, Rituale, Rubric, Schoolbook, Service book, Siddur, Solo, Speller, Spelling book, Swell, T, Text, Textbook, Travel book, Vade mecum, Workbook, Done with ones hands, Labouring, Physical, Blue-collar, Handbook, Set of instructions, Instructions, Instruction book, Guide, Companion, Reference book, ABC, Guidebook

How to use Manual in a sentence?

1. The transmission in his new car is manual , since he enjoys the experience of driving a stick-shift much more so than an automatic.
  2. A computer manual.
  3. The firmer suspension and sharper steering gives a ride that actually made me feel more a part of the car - something that I normally associate with manuals.
  4. The same format was often imitated at the organ, the pedal taking the bass and the manuals the treble lines.
  5. I decided to set my line changes in NHL Face off 98 to manual , so I could be in charge of who was on the ice at all times.
  6. Having a good manual for how to use all of your equipment will make things a lot easier for your workers.
  7. Manual dexterity.

Meaning of Manual & Manual Definition