Manager

Manager,

Definition of Manager:

1. An individual who is in charge of a certain group of tasks, or a certain subset of a company. A manager often has a staff of people who report to him or her.

As an example, a restaurant will often have a front-of-house manager who helps the patrons, and supervises the hosts; or a specific office project can have a manager, known simply as the project manager. Certain departments within a company designate their managers to be line managers, while others are known as staff managers, depending upon the function of the department.

Synonyms of Manager

Administrator, Agent, Banker, Baron, Big boss, Big businessman, Boss, Business leader, Businessman, Captain, Captain of industry, Castellan, Chatelain, Chatelaine, Chief, Commandant, Commander, Conductor, Deputy, Directeur, Director, Enterpriser, Entrepreneur, Exec, Executive, Financier, Foreman, Governor, Handler, Head, Impresario, Industrialist, Intendant, King, Little businessman, Magnate, Man of commerce, Master, Officer, Official, Overseer, Producer, Proprietor, Rector, Responsible person, Ruler, Straw boss, Supercargo, Superintendent, Supervisor, Top executive, Tycoon

How to use Manager in a sentence?

1. If you are dissatisfied with customer service or product quality at a business, it may be necessary to ask to speak to a manager at a higher level for resolution of the problem.
  2. When I needed to ask for unexpected time off I immediately went to my manager to explain the situation and find out if it was possible.
  3. I asked my manager about the process because he knows a lot about our company and this project in particular.

Meaning of Manager & Manager Definition