Definition of Mainstream:
Products and services which are readily available to and appealing to the general public, as opposed to being of interest only to a very specific subset of the public.
Bring (something) into the mainstream.
Belonging to or characteristic of the mainstream.
The ideas, attitudes, or activities that are regarded as normal or conventional; the dominant trend in opinion, fashion, or the arts.
Synonyms of Mainstream
Zeitgeist, Bearing, Course, Current, Direction, Drift, Glacial movement, Line, Main current, Motion, Movement, Run, Set, Stream, Swing, Tenor, The general tendency, The main course, Time spirit, Tone, Trend, Normal, Conventional, Ordinary, Orthodox, Conformist, Accepted, Established, Recognized, Common, Usual, Prevailing, Popular
How to use Mainstream in a sentence?
- You need to get your product out to the mainstream so that more people are seeing what you have to offer.
- Vegetarianism has been mainstreamed.
- Mainstream politics.
- Companies that are bringing computers to the mainstream of American life.
- You should always try and put your product out to the mainstream media so that they can get many eyes on it.
- I did not like the mainstream media because they lied a lot about what was really going on in certain areas.
Meaning of Mainstream & Mainstream Definition