Definition of Logistics:
Planning, execution, and control of the procurement, movement, and stationing of personnel, material, and other resources to achieve the objectives of a campaign, plan, project, or strategy. It may be defined as the management of inventory in motion and at rest..
The detailed coordination of a complex operation involving many people, facilities, or supplies.
Logistics refers to the overall process of managing how resources are acquired, stored, and transported to their final destination. Logistics management involves identifying prospective distributors and suppliers and determining their effectiveness and accessibility. Logistics managers are referred to as logisticians.
"Logistics" was initially a military-based term used in reference to how military personnel obtained, stored, and moved equipment and supplies. The term is now used widely in the business sector, particularly by companies in the manufacturing sectors, to refer to how resources are handled and moved along the supply chain.
Synonyms of Logistics
Organization, Planning, Plans, Management, Arrangement, Administration, Masterminding, Direction, Orchestration, Regimentation, Engineering, Coordination, Execution, Handling, Running, Accouterment, Action, Amphibious operations, Armament, Catering, Chandlery, Combined operations, Dry run, Endowment, Equipment, Finding, Fitting out, Fluid operations, Furnishing, Furnishment, Investment, Maneuver, Maneuvers, Military operations, Minor operations, Mission, Movement, Operation, Operations, Outfitting, Overseas operations, Preparation, Procurement, Providing, Provision, Provisioning, Purveyance, Reinforcement, Replenishment, Resupply, Retailing, Selling, Staff work, Subsidization, Subsidy, Subvention, Supply, Supplying, Victualing, War game, War plans
How to use Logistics in a sentence?
- The logistics and costs of a vaccination campaign.
- Poor logistics in a business can impact its bottom line.
- Logistics is the overall process of managing how resources are acquired, stored, and transported to their final destination.
- The logistics of the companys move was being carefully taken care of by the different members of the board, so far the move to the big city was going off without a hitch.
- Whenever I make a purchase from Amazon and choose overnight shipping on a group of unrelated items, I marvel at the logistics involved in getting my items gathered from a warehouse several states away and delivered to my door within 24 hours.
- She knew they would have a hard time squeezing the new mattress up the narrow staircase to their bedroom, but she drove home simply hoping for the best, confident they would work out the logistics of the maneuver as the process proceeded.
- Logistics is now used widely in the business sector, particularly by companies in the manufacturing sectors, to refer to how resources are handled and moved along the supply chain.
Meaning of Logistics & Logistics Definition