Definition of Limitation:
A limiting rule or circumstance; a restriction.
A legally specified period beyond which an action may be defeated or a property right is not to continue.
The act of allowing only a specific quantity of something
Example: The contract imposes limitations on the number of cars which can be imported.
Synonyms of Limitation
Restriction, Curb, Restraint, Constraint, Control, Check, Clampdown, Absolute interest, Allowance, Benefit, Border line, Bound, Boundary, Boundary condition, Boundary line, Bounds, Bourn, Break boundary, Breakoff point, Ceiling, Cession, Circumscription, Claim, Closeness, Common, Compass, Concession, Confine, Confinement, Confines, Continence, Contingent interest, Cramp, Cramping, Crowdedness, Cutoff, Cutoff point, Deadline, Delimitation, Determinant, Discipline, Division line, Easement, End, Equitable interest, Equity, Estate, Exception, Exemption, Extenuating circumstances, Extremity, Finish, Floor, Frontier, Grain of salt, Grant, Hair, Hairbreadth, Hairsbreadth, Hedge, Hedging, High-water mark, Holding, Incapaciousness, Incommodiousness, Interest, Interface, Limen, Limit, Limiting factor, Line, Line of demarcation, Low-water mark, Lower limit, March, Mark, Mental reservation, Mete, Moderation, Modification, Narrow gauge, Narrowness, Nearness, Part, Percentage, Prescription, Proscription, Qualification, Reservation, Restrain, Restrictedness, Restriction, Right, Right of entry, Salvo, Settlement, Slenderness, Special case, Special treatment, Specialness, Specification, Stake, Start, Starting line, Starting point, Stint, Straitness, Strict settlement, Strictness, Stricture, Target date, Term, Terminal date, Terminus, Threshold, Tight squeeze, Tightness, Time allotment, Title, Trust, Upper limit, Use, Vested interest, Waiver
How to use Limitation in a sentence?
- We had to overcome the limitation that was placed in front of us and work harder to move forward and prosper.
- This is by way of exception, for unless the court does make a direction the primary limitation period will continue to apply.
- Jared had to put some limitation s on the food the children were allowed to eat due to how much sugar the products contained.
- Severe limitations on water use.
- There was a limitation imposed on the volume of goods we were able to ship as the tax situation was burdensome.
Meaning of Limitation & Limitation Definition