Leverage

Leverage,

Definition of Leverage:

1. Use borrowed capital for (an investment), expecting the profits made to be greater than the interest payable.

2. The ability to influence a system, or an environment, in a way that multiplies the outcome of ones efforts without a corresponding increase in the consumption of resources. In other words, leverage is the advantageous condition of having a relatively small amount of cost yield a relatively high level of returns. See also financial leverage and operating leverage.

3. The ratio of a companys loan capital (debt) to the value of its common stock (equity).

4. Use (something) to maximum advantage.

5. The exertion of force by means of a lever or an object used in the manner of a lever.

Synonyms of Leverage

Grip, Purchase, Hold, Grasp, Aeromechanics, Animal mechanics, Ascendancy, Authority, Biomechanics, Celestial mechanics, Charisma, Charm, Clout, Consequence, Control, Credit, Dominance, Domination, Effect, Electromechanics, Eminence, Enchantment, Esteem, Favor, Fluid mechanics, Force, Good feeling, Hold, Hydromechanics, Importance, Incidental power, Influence, Influentiality, Insinuation, Leadership, Magnetism, Mastery, Mechanical arts, Mechanics, Moment, Personality, Persuasion, Potency, Power, Predominance, Preponderance, Pressure, Prestige, Purchase, Quantum mechanics, Rational mechanics, Reign, Repute, Rule, Say, Servomechanics, Statistical mechanics, Suasion, Subtle influence, Suggestion, Supremacy, Sway, Upper hand, Wave mechanics, Weight, Whip hand, Zoomechanics

How to use Leverage in a sentence?

1. The organization needs to leverage its key resources.
  2. While changing the oil under my car I was unable to get enough leverage in the tight space to turn the oil drain plug with a wrench.
  3. Without clear legal title to their assets, they own property that cannot be leveraged as collateral for loans.
  4. The manager had a plan that was well thought out, but she didnt have enough leverage to get the administration to examine and approve of her measures.
  5. My spade hit something solid that wouldnt respond to leverage.
  6. The company can leverage its assets to request better terms of agreement for building expansion loan, for example smaller down payments, or lower interest rates.

Meaning of Leverage & Leverage Definition