Definition of Legal:
(of paper) measuring 8 ½ by 14 inches.
Of, based on, or concerned with the law.
Allowable or enforceable by being in conformity with the law of the land and the public policy; not condemned as illegal. See also lawful and legitimate.
Permitted by law.
Synonyms of Legal
Lawful, Legitimate, Licit, Within the law, Legalized, Valid, Legal, Judiciary, Juridical, Judicatory, Forensic, Jurisdictive, Acceptable, Actionable, Admissible, Allowable, Applicable, Authoritative, Authorized, Balanced, Binding, Booked, Cogent, Competent, Consistent, Constitutional, Defensible, Deserved, Documented, Down, Due, Enrolled, Entered, Equitable, Even, Evenhanded, Fair, Fair and square, Filed, Fit, Forensic, Good, Indexed, Inscribed, Judicial, Judiciary, Juridical, Just, Justiciable, Justifiable, Justified, Kosher, Lawful, Lawmaking, Legislative, Legit, Legitimate, Legitimized, Level, Licit, Logged, Logical, Meet, Meet and right, Merited, Minuted, Of record, Official, On file, On record, On the books, Permissible, Permitted, Posted, Proper, Recorded, Registered, Right, Right and proper, Rightful, Sanctionable, Sanctioned, Self-consistent, Solid, Sound, Square, Statutory, Substantial, Sufficient, Valid, Warrantable, Warranted, Weighty, Well-founded, Well-grounded, Within the law, Written down
How to use Legal in a sentence?
- I wanted an expert in the legal field specializing in our business. I needed someone with extensive law experience and intelligence.
- A yellow legal pad.
- You should always do things the legal way so that you dont have to deal with any consequences down the road.
- The American legal system.
- Try to always do things in the correct legal way to not get in any trouble which can really slow down your business.
- He claimed that it had all been legal.
Meaning of Legal & Legal Definition