Definition of Ledger:
Books or other collections of certain types of financial accounts.
The stone carved on the tomb.
A horizontal support parallel to the facade of the building.
Compilation of complete groups of several similar ledger accounts. A typical ledger, also called the final ledger, records the financial information that is classified in the journal and summarizes it (the first ledger entry) as debit and credit and shows your current balance. does. In a manual accounting system, a typical ledger is a single sheet folder with separate pages for each ledger account. In a computer system, it consists of digital files that are interconnected, but follow the same principles of accounting as a manual system.
Synonyms of Ledger
Album, Diptych, Appointment schedule, Register, Commonplace book, Memo book, Blotter, Bankbook, Court calendar, Cost ledger, Accounts receivable ledger, Police blotter, Passbook, Calendar, Bill, Bill of lading, Adversaria, Balance sheet, Purchase ledger, Menu, Pocket notebook, Journal, Statement, Blankbook, Log, Scrapbook, Spiral notebook, Yearbook, Appointment calendar, Accounts payable ledger, Memorandum book, Manifest, Tablet, Registry, Domesday Book, Inventory, Triptych, Registry, Cashbook, Writing tablet, Classified catalog, Account book, Bill of fare, Notebook, Annual, Account, Books, Cost sheet, Desk calendar, Scratch pad, Book, Sales ledger, Bank ledger, Catalog, Register, Account book, Record book, Invoice, Stock ledger, Suspense ledger, Docket, Diary, Sales journal, Factory ledger, Table, Cost card, Petty cashbook, Loose-leaf notebook, Pocketbook, Card ledger, Memory book, Workbook, Stores ledger, Logbook, Log, Record book, Pad, Address book, Daybook, Engagement book, Carte
How to use Ledger in a sentence?
- It is important that you keep good records of your ledger so that you always know where your money is going.
- Total number of purchase records.
- William Avery's big rock.
- Small hardware stores hire an accountant to cover expenses and bookkeeping during busy summers.
- The beam is parallel to the support and supports the opposite ends of the beam.
- Financial managers record all our accounts in one ledger. In this master document, we can see the details of who we owe and who we should sign to check how far we have come.
Meaning of Ledger & Ledger Definition