Definition of Labor intensive:
(of a form of work) needing a large workforce or a large amount of work in relation to output.
Labor-intensive industries or processes require large quantities of physical effort to complete necessary tasks. In labor-intensive industries, the costs associated with securing the necessary personnel outweigh the capital costs in regards to importance and volume. While many labor-intensive jobs require low levels of skill or education, this is not true of all labor-intensive positions.
The term "labor intensive" refers to a process or industry that requires a large amount of labor to produce its goods or services. The degree of labor intensity is typically measured in proportion to the amount of capital required to produce the goods or services: the higher the proportion of labor costs required, the more labor-intensive the business.
Industry or process where a larger portion of total costs is due to labor as compared with the portion for costs incurred in purchase, maintenance, and depreciation of capital equipment. Agriculture, construction, and coal-mining industries are examples of labor intensive industries. See also capital intensive.
How to use Labor intensive in a sentence?
- Labor costs encompass all of the costs necessary to secure the human capital necessary to complete work.
- You need to know how labor intensive the job is so that you do not have your employees overworking themselves.
- Being a high end diesel mechanic is very labor intensive , but working in an office environment might suit you better.
- Labor intensive refers to a process or industry that requires a large amount of labor to produce its goods or services.
- My wife decided not to take the new job that her company offered her because the position was more labor intensive and yet did not pay her more money.
- In labor-intensive industries, the costs associated with securing the necessary personnel outweigh the capital costs with regard to importance and volume.
- The labor-intensive task of tagging each item in the store.
Meaning of Labor intensive & Labor intensive Definition