Definition of Labeling:
A classifying phrase or name applied to a person or thing, especially one that is inaccurate or restrictive.
A narrow horizontal strip, typically with three downward projections, that is superimposed on a coat of arms by an eldest son during the life of his father.
Assign to a category, especially inaccurately or restrictively.
Another term for dripstone.
A small piece of paper, fabric, plastic, or similar material attached to an object and giving information about it.
Display of information about a product on its container, packaging, or the product itself. For several types of consumer and industrial products, the type and extent of information that must be imparted by a label is governed by the relevant safety and shipping laws.
Attach a label to (something).
Synonyms of Labeling
Tag, Attach labels to, Put labels on, Tab, Ticket, Stamp, Mark, Put stickers on, Docket, Flag, Tag, Ticket, Tab, Sticker, Marker, Docket, Chit, Chitty, Flag, Stamp, Designation, Denomination, Description, Characterization, Identification, Tag, Categorize, Classify, Class, Characterize, Describe, Designate, Identify
How to use Labeling in a sentence?
- The label ‘salsa’ seems especially meaningless when applied to musicians like Tito Puente.
- The alcohol content is clearly stated on the label.
- She labelled the parcels neatly, writing the addresses in capital letters.
- It is not good to practice labeling and it can hurt another persons feelings if you do it a lot.
- Many pupils felt that they were labelled as failures.
- Labeling your leftovers with the name of the dish can help you to pick out what you want to eat quickly when you are on the go.
- You must make sure to put good labeling on your product so that your customers are always aware of what they are getting.
Meaning of Labeling & Labeling Definition