Joint venture (JV)

Joint venture (JV),

Definition of Joint venture (JV):

1. In a joint venture (JV), each of the participants is responsible for profits, losses, and costs associated with it. However, the venture is its own entity, separate from the participants' other business interests.

2. New firm formed to achieve specific objectives of a partnership like temporary arrangement between two or more firms. JVs are advantageous as a risk reducing mechanism in new-market penetration, and in pooling of resource for large projects. They, however, present unique problems in equity ownership, operational control, and distribution of profits (or losses). Research indicates that two out of five JV arrangements last less than four years, and are dissolved in acrimony. See also strategic alliance.

3. A commercial enterprise undertaken jointly by two or more parties which otherwise retain their distinct identities.

4. A joint venture (JV) is a business arrangement in which two or more parties agree to pool their resources for the purpose of accomplishing a specific task. This task can be a new project or any other business activity.

How to use Joint venture (JV) in a sentence?

1. Me and my business partner would go on a joint venture , so our fates would follow each other and we would rely on each other.
  2. They are a partnership in the colloquial sense of the word but can take on any legal structure.
  3. A common use of JVs is to partner up with a local business to enter a foreign market.
  4. A JV is a business arrangement in which two or more parties agree to pool their resources for the purpose of accomplishing a specific task.
  5. We can both go on this joint venture . I always wanted to climb to the top of the mountain, I might as well do it with a friend.
  6. Provided that there is a full-function joint venture it will be within the Regulation.
  7. If you want to limit your risk on a project you can try to take out a joint venture so that you arent the only one liable.

Meaning of Joint venture (JV) & Joint venture (JV) Definition