Jiffy

Jiffy,

Definition of Jiffy:

1. Informal unit of time used in computer industry. One jiffy equals 1/100th of a second or 10 milliseconds.

2. A moment.

Synonyms of Jiffy

Breath, Breathing, Coup, Crack, Flash, Half a jiffy, Half a mo, Half a second, Half a shake, Instant, Jiff, Microsecond, Millisecond, Minute, Moment, Sec, Second, Shake, Split second, Stroke, Tick, Trice, Twink, Twinkle, Twinkling, Twitch, Two shakes, Wink, Very soon, Soon, In a second, In a minute, In a moment, In a trice, In a flash, Shortly, Directly, Any second, Any minute, Any minute now, In a short time, In an instant, In the twinkling of an eye, In no time, In no time at all, In less than no time, Before you know it, Before long

How to use Jiffy in a sentence?

1. If my boss comes to me and requests that a project or report be done as soon as possible I always just laugh and say Itll be ready in a jiffy ..
  2. Before I went home from Virginia, I had to stop at a Jiffy Lube and get an oil change on my car.
  3. The analyst had said he would be able to fix the problem in a jiffy which was a message that was gladly received.

Meaning of Jiffy & Jiffy Definition