Jetty

Jetty,

Definition of Jetty:

1. Generally a solid structure built out into the sea or along the shore as a part of a port (sometimes as two arms encircling it) alongside which ships (specially tankers) can lie. Often used as a synonym for pier.

Synonyms of Jetty

Abutment, Anchorage, Anchorage ground, Arc-boutant, Arch dam, Backstop, Bamboo curtain, Bank, Bar, Barrage, Barrier, Basin, Beam, Bear-trap dam, Beaver dam, Berth, Black, Boom, Breakwater, Breastwork, Brick wall, Buffer, Bulkhead, Bulwark, Buttress, Buttress pier, Buttressing, Cofferdam, Dam, Defense, Dike, Ditch, Dock, Dockage, Dockyard, Dry dock, Earthwork, Ebon, Ebony, Embankment, Fence, Flying buttress, Gate, Gravity dam, Groin, Hanging buttress, Harbor, Harborage, Haven, Hydraulic-fill dam, Inky, Iron curtain, Jam, Jet, Jutty, Landing, Landing place, Landing stage, Leaping weir, Levee, Logjam, Marina, Milldam, Moat, Mole, Moorings, Mound, Parapet, Pier, Pier buttress, Pitch-black, Pitch-dark, Port, Portcullis, Protected anchorage, Quay, Rampart, Raven, Retaining wall, Road, Roadblock, Roads, Roadstead, Rock-fill dam, Sable, Seaport, Seawall, Shipyard, Shoulder, Shutter dam, Slip, Stone wall, Wall, Weir, Wharf, Wicket dam, Work

How to use Jetty in a sentence?

1. If you will be doing a lot of shipping and receiving you may want to rent your own jetty so you know its always available.
  2. I was washed up shore near the jetty in my ocean adventure with the kayak, fortunately I expected such an event to occur.
  3. I did not think we could bring our boat into the dock because there was no jetty and there was nothing to tie up the boat.

Meaning of Jetty & Jetty Definition