Is it "Happy New Year" or "Happy New Year's"?

Is it “Happy New Year” or “Happy New Year’s”?

1 Like

We celebrate both the New Year, 2020, and New Year’s Eve, December 31st. I wish you a Happy New Year, and I hope you have a great time on New Year’s Eve.

(In some contexts, friends of mine might use “New Year’s” as quick shorthand for “New Year’s Eve.” However, they’re much more likely to wish me a full year of happiness than to hope I have a big night on the town, so they’ll say “Happy New Year” instead of wishing me “Happy New Year’s” for the one-evening New Year’s festivities. If they’re focused just on the 31st, they should probably say, “Hey, stay out trouble, will you?”)

Is it “Happy New Year” or “Happy New Year’s”?

When wishing a happy something to somebody, it is good to have an idea in mind of what that something is. In this case, it is a new year. So “Happy New Year” is correct.

Almost all of us are eagerly waiting for the upcoming year and surely have all set with Happy New Year. A large number of people often asked for the fragment Happy New Year grammatically correct or not. You might have often seen people saying Happy New Year’s as well. Most people say it is mentioning short form to Happy New Year’s Eve whereas there is a vast population of people as well that realize it a mistake of phrasing. We are eager to make it clear for you that it is Happy New Year not Happy New Year’s as it is all about wishing Happy New Year to someone.