Install Drain Pan Under Hot Water Heater

w Have you installed a drip tray under the existing water heater? 3

I guess I have to empty the water heater and then disconnect the water supply line, but I'm not sure I'm going to lift the water heater so I can slide the pot under it. Can I leave the decompression tube alone? Should I change this part? Can I let the drip tray dry directly during use? I think used is not used.

The water pipes and other hoses that would be blocking the lifting radiator were removed after [t & po gas] and the water ran out, they weren't too heavy, but 2 people had to lift them because they were restless and There may always be some water in them. r as a background and a piece of wood, edges or whatever works to create a barrier around the radiator for your situation and then drill a line in r, but only this In case you want to draw water from under the radiator. .. then go [approx. Diameter 1.5 mm] with wire mesh or grid so that no bugs come out of the crawl ... I don't know if this is practical for your situation, but it will save your work.

You are right. When the heater is empty, open the T&P valve to release the pressure. Then disconnect the service line. If there is enough gas and free space in the flexible connector, disconnect the gas from the connector and keep it connected. If it's electric, make sure it's off. When empty, the tank can be raised high enough to slide the container down. Plan ahead, most trays have an irrigation file and it should go where you want to draw water in case of leakage. You may need one or two friends to help you. Once the pan is in place, start your work. Connect water supply, closed drain valve and T&P etc. Check for leaks by drying all joints manually and looking at the water. Reconnect gas or electricity. If it's gas and you ■■■■ it out, check for leaking soapy water. Leaks turn into bubbles. Finally, turn on the heater or electricity. Come back later and watch for leaks with increasing temperature and pressure. Now, attach the tungsten or PVC tube to the left side of the pan and place it where you want it to drain. A few steps, but it doesn't work much.

This page can help you.

D:

w Have you installed a drip tray under the existing water heater?

I think I have to empty the water heater and then disconnect the water supply line, but I'm not sure I'm going to lift the water heater so I can slide the pot under it. Can I leave the decompression tube alone? Should I change this part? I can...

You need to drain the water first because it is heavy. Gas and water pipes have flexible movement so they don't need to be removed, just lift them by force. Push the pan up and down with your feet.

Other than the leak, what could be causing the water heater malfunction?