Inductive reasoning

Inductive reasoning,

Definition of Inductive reasoning:

1. Method of reasoning from particular to general; the mental process involved in creating generalizations from the observed phenomenon or principles. With analogy and deductive reasoning, it constitutes the three basic tools of thinking. Also called induction.

Synonyms of Inductive reasoning

Baconian method, A fortiori reasoning, A posteriori reasoning, A priori reasoning, Analysis, Deduction, Deductive reasoning, Demonstration, Discourse, Discourse of reason, Discursive reason, Epagoge, Generalization, Hypothesis and verification, Induction, Inference, Logical thought, Particularization, Philosophical induction, Philosophy, Proof, Ratiocination, Rationalism, Rationality, Rationalization, Rationalizing, Reason, Reasonableness, Reasoning, Sophistry, Specious reasoning, Sweet reason, Syllogism, Syllogistic reasoning, Synthesis

How to use Inductive reasoning in a sentence?

1. As he attempted to reduce the number of valid options open to the firm, he utilized is skills of inductive reasoning to weed out the obvious improbabilities.
  2. I believe inductive reasoning can be the best form of thought to create the most intelligent creations possible from the human mind.
  3. Sir Humphrey gave a droll and entirely apt example of inductive reasoning , as he said with a wry smile, All cats have four legs; my dog has four legs, therefore my dog is a cat..

Meaning of Inductive reasoning & Inductive reasoning Definition