Definition of Indices:
Record (names, subjects, etc.) in an index.
Link the value of (prices, wages, or other payments) automatically to the value of a price index.
A pointer on an instrument, showing a quantity, a position on a scale, etc.
(of a machine or part of one) move from one predetermined position to another in order to carry out a sequence of operations.
An exponent or other superscript or subscript number appended to a quantity.
A sign or measure of something.
(in a book or set of books) an alphabetical list of names, subjects, etc. with reference to the pages on which they are mentioned.
Plural of index, written also as indexes.
Synonyms of Indices
Pointer, Indicator, Needle, Hand, Finger, Marker, Guide, Clue, Hint, Indication, Indicator, Lead, Sign, Signal, Mark, Token, Evidence, Symptom, Implication, Intimation, Suggestion
How to use Indices in a sentence?
- The Supreme Soviet passed legislation indexing wages to prices.
- Exam results may serve as an index of the teachers effectiveness.
- The pins are retracted and indexed to occupy an adjacent slotted position.
- Clear cross references supplemented by a thorough index.
- The thesis contains a proof of the fact that for any closed manifold the sum of the indices of a generic vector field is a topological invariant, namely the Euler characteristic.
- The list indexes theses under regional headings.
Meaning of Indices & Indices Definition