Definition of Ideology:
The science of ideas; the study of their origin and nature.
A system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.
System of ideas that explains and lends legitimacy to actions and beliefs of a social, religious, political, or corporate entity.
Synonyms of Ideology
Weltanschauung, Articles of religion, Body of ideas, Catechism, Climate, Climate of opinion, Credenda, Credo, Creed, Cult, Doctrinal statement, Doctrine, Dogma, Ethos, Faith, Formulated belief, Gospel, Intellectual climate, Ism, Moral climate, Mores, Norms, Philosophy, Political faith, Political philosophy, Principles, Religion, School, Spiritual climate, System of belief, System of ideas, System of theories, Tenets, World view, Beliefs, Ideas, Ideals, Principles, Doctrine, Creed, Credo, Teaching, Dogma, Theory, Thesis, Tenets, Canon, Canons
How to use Ideology in a sentence?
- It was this discipline that he described as ideology - literally, the science of ideas.
- The facts that had presented to Richard were clear, but Richards ideology prevented him from accepting the truth, regardless of what he had been shown.
- The ideology of republicanism.
- When marketing your products, it is critical to consider and to be sensitive to the ideology of consumers because religious beliefs may prohibit certain individuals from purchasing or even using them.
- The beauty of the American constitution is that the first amendment gives all citizens the right of freedom of speech regardless of their ideology .
Meaning of Ideology & Ideology Definition