Hypothesis

Hypothesis,

Definition of Hypothesis:

1. A hypothetical or theoretical explanation is accepted to interpret a particular event or incident and to provide guidance for further investigation. An assumption can be right or wrong and it will be possible to challenge it. If the facts do not disprove it, it is considered verified or confirmed.

2. Statistics: Hypothetical assumptions about certain characteristics of the population. When you provide a value for each parameter in a population, it is called a simple guess. Otherwise, a mixed assumption. If you try to bridge the gap between the two sample resources (indicating that the difference is not statistically significant), it is known as a null hypothesis.

Synonyms of Hypothesis

Apriorism, Lemma, Premiss, Ground, Thesis, Sumption, Supposal, Basis, Proposition, Foundation, Philosophical proposition, Affirmation, Inference, Theory, Truth-value, Truth-function, Postulate, Surmise, Assumption, Premise, Postulation, Presupposition, Axiom, Conjecture, Assumed position, Presumption, Theorem, Statement, First principles, Data, Minor premise, Assertion, Philosopheme, Categorical proposition, Speculation, A priori principle, Set of postulates, Supposition, Truth table, Working hypothesis, Position, Guesswork, Supposing, Major premise, Postulatum, Hypothesis ad hoc, Propositional function, Presupposal

How to use Hypothesis in a sentence?

1. I used assumptions in science class because my colleagues and I were making assumptions and we wanted to check if they were correct before our experiment.
  2. Unemployment is not likely to end because more and more people have found their jobs, but people are so helpless that they stop looking for jobs and the benefits of unemployment come as a result.
  3. The first step in improving outcomes is to make a predictable outcome. For example, a gardener may suspect that his tomatoes are overgrown with manure.

Meaning of Hypothesis & Hypothesis Definition