HP Chromebook 14 (Intel) Review

The Chromebook 14 has an appealing plan featured by a new white shading variation that makes certain to captivate everyone. The cover of the Chromebook 14 has a solid surface with a reflexive HP logo embellished in the middle. Opening the cover uncovers a brushed white deck, white keys and white display bezels.

Indeed, some portion of me stresses that this machine will look filthy after some time, particularly given its intended interest group: kids

Material

There’s nothing about HP’s 2019 Chromebook 14 that is showy or makes it stand apart among the domain of modest Chromebooks. It’s a powerful, plasticky laptop that, at 329 as assessed, will engage schools and other use situations where the lazy AMD processor inside won't be a significant prevention. The 14 inch, 1080p display is entirely useful for working inside Google Docs and viewing YouTube recordings. Furthermore, HP's sub- 400 Chromebook likewise offers a decent choice of ports, a satisfactory comfort and touch pad, and a consoling feeling of strength.

That is probably as much as possible trust in from a laptop at this value point, however with so much rivalry for several hundred dollars more, the Chromebook 14 is somewhat difficult to suggest for a couple of reasons.

Regarding styling, it has a lovely, finished matte plastic completion on the external case, with a reflexive hover on the top half highlighting HP’s logo. This plan ought to work superbly forestalling scratches or unique mark smears. At 3.4 pounds, this unquestionably isn’t the lightest Chromebook around, nor is it especially smooth at 0.7 inches thick.

At the point when you open it up, the bezels around the showcase have a similar surface, yet the console deck has a level, smoother feel and false aluminum look. Nobody’s expecting metal in a LAPTOP this modest, so the dream doesn’t generally get by. It feels fine, however, and the keys themselves are quite clicky without feeling excessively free. They have a decent measure of movement, yet they aren’t illuminated. That is not astonishing when you consider the cost and that HP presumably expects this Chromebook will dominatingly be utilized in the study hall. The touchpad functions admirably, with smooth looking over and exact two-finger signal acknowledgment. You get a pleasant exhibit of ports on the Chromebook 14’s different sides, including two USB-C (which is the way you charge the laptop), two USB-A, a microSD opening, and an earphone jack.

Over the console and traversing its whole width is the speaker grille, and HP says Bang and Olufsen’s B&O Play brand upgraded the laptop’s double speakers. I’d be unable to reveal to you that it had any recognizable effect, as you’re actually getting precisely the sort of sound yield you’d anticipate from a lower part of-the-spending plan barrel Chromebook. It’s empty with no bass reaction to discuss.

Also see: Best Tablet for Watching Movies in 2021

Display

The screen is a superior story, yet it actually accompanies compromises. The Chromebook 14’s 1080p touchscreen display is sharp and excellent, yet its tones are on the dull and peaceful. At the point when I state there are better Chromebooks out there for very little more cash, shading propagation is one of the regions where you’ll see HP’s machine neglect to have the goods.

Chrome OS reacted rapidly and reliably to my taps and signals on the screen, so this equipment takes care of the work fine and neat for rapidly bouncing around Google Docs or swiping up the application launcher. The screen’s pivot is solid to such an extent that you’ll raise the whole laptop up on the off chance that you attempt to open it, so you’ll unquestionably need to utilize two.

Shockingly, as one of the main AMD-controlled Chromebooks available, HP’s most recent isn’t a very remarkable entertainer. The double center A4-9120C processor has a clock speed of 1.6GHz and can support up to 2.4GHz, and keeping in mind that it can undoubtedly jump between a few open Chrome tabs without a moment’s delay, you’ll hit a roof and run into episodes of slack on the off chance that you push past twelve or thereabouts — particularly during video playback. Try not to anticipate issues when working in archives or perusing the web or browsing email, however in case you’re doing the entirety of that immediately while playing Spotify or attempting to watch Netflix, there will be lulls. The Chromebook 14 has 32GB of eMMC stockpiling and 4GB of RAM, which are both decent at this value level.

Graphics

This AMD-controlled Chromebook 14 isn’t ready to deal with playing most Android games — even the more easygoing ones. Alto’s Odyssey and Super Mario Run were both uneven and obviously battled with outline rate, notwithstanding no different applications being open in the foundation when I attempted them. On the off chance that you keep it incredibly fundamental with something like Sonic the Hedgehog Classic, you’ll be alright, however don’t anticipate being playing any of Android’s more current titles. As the prevalence of these laptops was arriving at the sky that is the reason numerous brands began presenting the best gaming laptops under 1000 in 2021.

Battery Life

Battery life was additionally frustrating. HP asserts the laptop can hit as long as nine hours, yet that relies incredibly upon which setup you get. The 1080p touchscreen model I tried is the greatest battery hoard of all and would never reliably get me through a run of the mill workday. Picking the lower-res, non-contact show (which schools may well do) can knock life span up a considerable lot, as per HP’s appraisals.

The laptop’s plastic base can likewise get awkwardly warm when connected to a charger or under burden. I discovered it generously more blazing than different Chromebooks I’ve utilized in the course of the most recent few years.

Conclusion

At the point when you return to its deal receptacle value, HP’s AMD Chromebook 14 is certifiably not an all-out lemon. You get a pleasant measure of screen land, a sharp display, and sufficient execution for fundamental web perusing undertakings. This laptop appears customized for schools, where Chromebooks rule all the concerned challenges.