- Set the current hour hand clockwise. Set the arrowhead (see diagram) on the timer in front of the timer to the current time (the lines below the numbers are in 30 minute steps).
Plug in the timer Find the outlet where you want the device to work and plug the timer into an outlet. Then connect the device to the timer socket. Set the clock. Rotate the watch face clockwise until it matches the current time with the black arrow on the front of the timer.
- Open your phone’s watch app.
- At the top, tap Hours.
- Enter how long the timer should run.
- Press start.
- You will hear a beep when the timer runs out. Press Stop to stop the beep.
Reset the outdoor light timer
- Find the Reset, Restart or R button on the timer. Briefly press the button to cancel the timer programming and return to the factory settings.
- Set the time on the timer.
- Set a lighting schedule for the external timer.
If the timer does not activate the connected light bulb, it may work, but the light bulb in the lamp may burn out. Turn on the light manually using the switch. If the light still does not come on, the bulb may burn out. Replace the lamp with a new one.
Just like asking Google for internet speed, you can ask Google to set a timer. Just go to the Google home page and type Set timer for X minutes / hour. When you do this, a timer will automatically load up on multiple search results and start counting down.
Some people also think that a timer is perfect for space heating or air conditioning. Using a timer is double the payout as these devices consume a lot of electricity and excessive use at night can make the room uncomfortable.