Create Extruded or Rotated Sections as Assembly Features Open a sketch of a plane or plane and draw a section profile. The profile can contain multiple closed contours. Click Extrude Cut or Revolve Cut (toolbar), or click Insert> Merge Features> Cut, then click Extrude or Revolver.
- Click on New. Click Share, OK.
- 4. Click Feature> Boss / Extruded Base, set D1 to 2 inches.
- Click Circle and draw a circle on the front.
- Click Smart Dimension, Dimension Sketch as described below.
- Click Features> Rotating Section click the right edge as the axis of rotation,
How to perform a rotated extrusion in Solid Edge in 10 steps
- Step 1: Select the rotation
- Step 2: Select the aircraft.
- Step 3: draw a profile.
- Step 4: Click Close Sketch
- Step 5: Draw an axis.
- Step 6: Click on Axis or Revolution.
- Step 7: Select the axis.
- Step 8: Click Close Sketch
- Edit the solid: In the construction tree of the FeatureManager tree, click the solid, then click Edit Edit.
- On the toolbar, click Intersect Surface or click Insert> Intersect> With Surface.
- In the PropertyManager, under Surface Intersection Parameters, select the face or plane you want to use to intersect solids.
- See the example.
Make a solid ball
- Create a new sketch.
- Draw a circle with a line cutting it in the center.
- Cut out one side of the circle, leaving the center design line smooth.
- Create a revolutionary boss / base.
- The steering angle should be 360 °. can be set
- Accept the function.
- Create a new 2D sketch.
- Create all solid sketch geometry on one side of the path.
- Select Boss / Rotate Base from the function menu.
- Select the axis you want to use for the turret.
- Specify the direction and angle.
- Accept the function.
Do one of the following:
The CutExtrude function then projects the desired cut shape based on the selected sketch. The CutExtrude button prompts you to enter parameters in the menu shown in Figure 6.
File presentation. Fillet / Fillet creates a rounded inside or outside surface of the part. You can round all edges of a surface, selected surface groups, selected edges, or edge loops.
Go to the toolbar and select the Extrude button as shown below. You can preview the yellow color of the round hole on the selected surface. Select the curtain as the type of extrusion. You can then drag by clicking the direction arrow in the sketch.
On the revolve function. Rotation is a method of defining three-dimensional geometry by rotating a defined part around a center line. Use the Rotate tool to create a solid or polygonal feature and add or remove material. The following types of revolutions can be performed: • Rotating protrusions - Solid, thickened.
The first feature you create when you create a part is called a base feature. Build the rest of the space by adding more features that change the basic function or add detail.
In the SOLIDWORKS Sweep Cut command, there is an option to select a solid instead of a sketch as the profile for the cut. The following image shows two bodies and a helix that will act as a path for the scan unit.